Do you have a little extra time on your hands? Looking to help in the community? We could sure use your help. We are 100% volunteer run, that takes a lot of volunteers. You can volunteer as little or as much as you want, we have no time requirements. We bet once you meet our cats and dogs you will be hooked. It is so much fun to meet like-minded people doing something so generous for these homeless, sweet souls! We have so many ways you can help, from walking dogs, to working at events, to answering Facebook messages. If you’re a “people” person, we’ve gotcha covered. If you are a “behind the scenes with the pups” person, that’s no problem, there’s a place for you on our team. The volunteer application includes a $25 fee, and once approved, you will receive your very own volunteer t-shirt, and an instant batch of new friends!
- You must be 18 years or older to volunteer by yourself. Any volunteer under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please fill out a separate application for each person.
- Please fill out the entire application to the best of your ability.
- Once your application has been processed, a Beauties and Beasts representative will notify you of the status of your application.
- There is a $25 Application Fee due WITH your application to cover any costs related to background checks, volunteer t-shirts, and badges.
- Please mail $25 Application Fee to: 114 S. Pattie, Wichita, KS 67211
Here are some of the different areas in which you can volunteer:
- Event Planning
- Building Donations: Taking in Donations, Sorting Them, Answering Public Questions and Assisting Fosters
- Testimonials: Contacting Adopters, Getting Stories, Doing Videos
- Local Transport: From Shelter to Beauties, From Beauties to Vet Appts, etc;
- Out of Town Transport: Help Get Animals to Other Rescues Across the US
Behind the Scenes
- Grant Writing
- Legal: Help Pass Legislation, Work With Community Leaders to Fight Bsls and Euth Rates, Fight Against Puppy Mills
- Website Coding
- Cat Team Assistance
- Animal Bio Creator
- Donation Pickup From B&B Community Partners
- List Dogs/Cats on Outside Adoption Sites
- Adoption/Foster Apps: Process Apps, Do Vet Checks
- Perform Animal Adoption Intros
- Fosters: Dog/Cat
- Assist in Network of Rescues for Transport, Transfers, Adoptions etc
- Social Media Cross Posting
- Facebook: Answering Messages, Content Creating, Engaging With Commentors
- Dog Walkers/Handlers
- Merchandise Team
- Shelter Runs
- Construction: Floors, Fences, Anything We Might Need Done or Need Repaired
Please note: We will not be able to process your application without the application fee.