August 10, 2022
HAPPY NATIONAL SPOIL YOUR DOG DAY!
Although all dog lovers (and, no doubt, their four-legged family members) know that every day should be National Spoil Your Dog Day, a pet holiday set aside to pamper your pup even more than the other 364 days of the year!
To mark the occasion, we’ve fetched a few ideas for celebrating National Spoil Your Dog Day, based on your pooch’s personality!
How to celebrate;
- Pack a picnic for you and your pup
- Dine on the dog-friendly patio restaurant
- Homemade dog treats are easy to prepare–and your dog will you for them
- Nothing says “I love you” quite like something made from the heart, so why not tap into your inner Wolfgang Puck or Julia Child and create tasty dogs treats for your tail-wagging chum
- Watch a Fido-themed film! If you and your dog are in the mood for a canine comedy, try Beethoven, The Secret Life of Pets, Hotel for Dogs or Cats & Dogs. If you want to cheer on the canines on screen, watch Homeward Bound, Air Bud or One Hundred and One Dalmatians
- Curl up on the couch and read out loud to Rover! Books about our barking buddies range from children’s fare, like Clifford the Big Red Dog and The Poky Little Puppy to contemporary classics for the canine-loving adult, such as The Art of Racing In The Rain and Marley & Me
Croon a tune with your canine companion! Turn up the volume and belt out (or bark along) to:
“Hound Dog” by Elvis Presley
“Who Let The Dogs Out” by Baha Men
“I’m Gonna Buy Me A Dog” by The Monkees
“How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?” by Patti Page
“Me and You and A Dog Named Boo” by Lobo
“Martha My Dear” by The Beatles
“Hey Bulldog” by The Beatles
“Diamond Dogs” by David Bowie
Teach your talented tailwagger a trick! Just a simple “shake hands,” “wave,” or “roll over” offers both mental stimulation for your dog and a bonding moment between pet parent and pup.